Everybody go surfing!

Monday, April 20, 2009

hula surfing cake
This cake was made for a Hula themed birthday party. As you can tell, I had an absolute blast making this one. The cake itself was a very simple two-tiered affair. I covered each layer with plastic icing and popped three wave shaped pieces of cake around the sides (they were carved free hand). The people, flowers and the tree were made from modelling paste, and the fish was a lucky find in the lolly aisle! I debated between using biscuit crumbs or maybe brown sugar for the "sand", but in the end I coloured some caster sugar to get the right mix of shades that I wanted.

2 comments:

jaseplace said...

Wow.

That is amazing!!

At first I thought you made the fish out of icing, but bugger that.

The waves look awesome also.

Great work again!

shaz said...

Thank you! We enjoyed eating the leftover lolly fishies...perks of the trade :)