Secret Pizza Business

Saturday, June 20, 2009

peanut butter pizza
“Mummy go away, we are doing something secret!!”
The mini food critics were making pizzas and had decided to make an extra special pizza for mum.

Amidst lots of giggling and whispering , I was banished to the bedroom to read a book while they put the top-secret pizza together. (Considering I had done the actual hard work of dough kneading, I was quite happy to put my feet up).

Ta-daa! Mini critic senior fell about laughing, while mini-critic junior handed me the plate. It was a Peanut Butter pizza with two cheeses (parmesan and mozzarella), semi_dried tomatoes, and basil!

You should have seen the look of surprise on their faces when I actually ate it (if Kinsey Milhone can do it, then so can I). And surprisingly, it didn’t taste too weird, I suppose because the peanut butter is so salty anyway. The only “odd” note was from the semi-dried tomatoes, but there wasn’t too much of that.

MC senior and junior are now plotting their next secret pizza. I await with trepidation as I heard the words “anchovy” and “jam” in the same sentence…..

2 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Great to hear that they love cooking so early in life! I confess to making some grotesque things when I was a kid and my parents would taste it but then pretend to be full hehe

shaz said...

Smart thinking on your parents part..must keep that up my sleeve especially if the anchovy/jam pizza eventuates! :)