So, six days into the new year. How are the resolutions going?
Personally, I’ve never really made a New Year’s resolution because I’m not that into symbolism. Plus, who’s to say that an arbitrary date on the Gregorian Calender is the right one anyway? In fact, if you follow the Lunar calendar, the old year isn’t over yet.
Ah, but now I’m going to do a complete about-face and list my blog resolutions for the year. Because I can ☺. And because I’m a compulsive list maker.
So, in no particular order, these are some of the culinary endeavours for the next 12 months:
- Fulfil a need to knead and get stuck into more yeasty things. Bread has never been a particular favourite, but I’m the odd one out in a family of loaf lovers. I will attempt to prove my worth (get it? Oh come on, a smile at least?)
- Get cultured – the sourdough way. Found this site a little while back. Made me want to harvest wild yeast ever since (doesn’t it sound so exciting?)
- Keep my cool, and make more frozen desserts. I don’t own an ice-cream maker nor have the space for one, but recent successes (and this article in the Good Living magazine) have inspired me to push further.
- Stop being scared of caramel and hot sugar. Hopefully my extremities will escape unscathed in the ensuing experiments.
- That Puff Stuff – to get organised enough so that there is always home-made puff pastry in the freezer.
Hopefully when we get to the end of 2010, I’ll be able to say I actually had a go at everything on this list. Come along for the ride too, and if you have any suggestions or helpful advice, feel free to send them this way.
Have a great year ahead!
Not Quite NigellaThe cooking, eating and travel blog of a hungry blogger from Sydney, Australia featuring original recipes, interviews and articles on all things food @