Let them eat (more) cake

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Did you notice that I was kind of distracted last week?

Here is the reason.



Well, actually, here are two reasons: a birthday cake for a five year old and some birthday cupcakes for a 90 year old. We attended both parties on the same day and it spun me out a little bit.

On one side was a little girl born in the noughties, and on the other side was a grand dame born in the 1920s! Imagine how times have changed for the lady in question. She used to work in a bread factory after the war, and her job was to wrap the sliced loaf in waxed paper. (Anyone else remember paper wrapped bread?)


It was a disco party and the little girl loves Hello Kitty




In case you're wondering, the cupcake wrappers  are from Paper Eskimo (pricey wrappers but I was impressed as they survived baking, then freezing, then thawing without losing their colours. )



It turned out to be a fabulous day and it was wonderful to have been able to celebrate with both our friends.


Cupcakes in situ


MC Senior enjoying the 90th birthday party



You know it's a great party when Mr. Incredible turns up

12 comments:

Anh said...

Oh my! You are soo talented at cake deco! Love love all the cakes. The Hello Kitty cake is so cute and sweet!

momgateway said...

How cute...I wish I had your talent!

Hungry Dog said...

Um, that Hello Kitty cake is ridiculous. I LOVE it. Can I say that louder? Seriously, you are amazing. I also love the picture of MC senior, what a cutie!

Barbara said...

Oh Shaz! Those are beautiful! You are so talented. And the party looks like such fun. The cupcake wrappers are worth the money!

grace said...

sweets by shaz--appealing to all generations. everything looks fabulous!

The Cooking Photographer said...

Shaz you are seriously talented!

Esi said...

I agree with everyone else, you have some amazing talents with cake decorating. Wonderful work!!

3 hungry tummies said...

Wow you really have been busy! Every time I see your cakes, I would say to myself "its time to learn how to bake" but just never happened haha!

shaz said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your kind responses. It was a real blast making this lot of cakes, and I'm glad you've enjoyed seeing them :)

shaz said...

Ps Grace - if I ever open a bakeshop, I'm using your tagline "Sweets by Shaz- appeals to all generations" Awesome!

Betty said...

your hello kitty cake is just sooo gorgeous! :O)

shaz said...

Thanks Betty!