So long and thanks for all the wish(es)

Saturday, October 9, 2010

*apologies Mr. Adams.

This is where I step off the Project Food Blog train. I didn’t make it to round 4, and frankly I’m not really surprised judging by the quality of my fellow contestants!

It’s been a fun ride while it lasted and I just wanted to say thank you for all your fantastic support. When I started PFB, I honestly didn’t think I would make it past the first round, but you know me, I can’t resist a challenge ☺

And it has actually been a rewarding challenge, which helped me push some boundaries and explore dishes I wouldn’t normally contemplate (b’stilla anyone?). But best of all, I’ve found so many new blogs to enjoy, and been the recipient of so many positive comments, it’s left a spring in my step.

To those of you still in the running, I’ve got my fingers crossed for you, and I’ll be sending those little red hearts your way when I get the chance.

In the meantime, please accept this imperfect chocolate fondant heart as a token of my appreciation. (I’ll post about my attempt to temper chocolate sometime next week).

Have a safe and happy weekend!

13 comments:

Chic Cookies said...

Perfect chocolate heart! You will surely be missed!

Jeannie said...

Well, at least you are brave enough to jump on to the train, I enjoyed reading your entries. Have a good weekend.

Barbara said...

Oh darn! And you were doing so well too!
Sorry, Shaz. But I'm glad you had fun and pushed some boundaries!

Sarah (Syrup and Honey) said...

Sorry the ride is over, but it was so fun to watch your participation in the challenge!

Casey Angelova said...

Sorry to hear you didn't make it through. You had my vote!

Marcellina said...

Hi Shaz, I've just caught up with some reading (of your blog). You sure have been busy with the Project Food Blog (must have been fun) and a short notice trip to your in-laws. Thanks for the comments on my blog. The Christmas baking tradition (whatever that may be) I think is missed by many. BTW I particularly love the post of you kids cooking the alphabet! Gorgeous!!!

jen cheung said...

at the end, its the experiences and fun that matters :) I'm proud of you from going up to challange four! no worries :) wait till next year comes! :)

have a lovely thanksgiving weekend!
jen @ www.passion4food.ca

Beth said...

Congratulations on making it as far as you did. You did a terrific job!

Heavenly Housewife said...

I am so sorry to hear that you didn't make it to the 4th round. I admire you for trying. You are a winner in my book.
Come on over to my place daaaaaahling, and we can drown ourselves in some overpriced sweets :)
*kisses* HH

Trissa said...

A pity you didn't advance but I think you are a winner anyway Shaz! I have been following your saga but just a bit busy to comment until now. Am really proud of how this challenge pushed you!

Hungry Dog said...

Bummer! Sorry, shaz. I still love your blog and will always be a fan!!

Love, Hungry Dog

Ellie (Almost Bourdain) said...

Hey Shaz, you have given your best! That's all that counts. Lovely heart :)

shaz said...

Hugs to all of you! Thanks for being so supportive, this is exactly why I keep blogging :) For the record, I'm not really disappointed about PFB, I'm still quite surprised I got as far as I did :)