Muhibbah Malaysian Monday #5 (the round up)

Monday, December 6, 2010

Hello friends!

Missed me? Sorry, the great ballet concert of 2010 took up all of the weekend, but we've come through happy and shining at the other end.

Now it's back to routine and of course Monday means something Malaysian over here. Today, it's the round-up of contributions from some uber talented bloggers. 

In no particular order, please enjoy these Muhibbah Malaysian Monday #5 dishes from:

 Makcik Manggis who made this delicious Nasi Goreng Belacan (Belacan Fried Rice). (Post in Bahasa Malaysia, the national language)



A lovely blogger who loves2cook made easy murukku. Murukku is a savoury snack, and she made this for the recent Deepavali celebrations.


Love2cook also made a delicious chocolate mousse


Getrude from My Kitchen Snippets contributed some cucur udang(prawn fritters).This snack is an afternoon tea favourite.


Kristy from My Little Space created a dish called sotong masak lemak (creamy spiced squid) as her contribution. Yum!


She also made a dish of sour plum sauce chicken. What a colourful combination of ingredients.


Sonia from Nasi Lemak Lover made this drool worthy Rendang Ayam (chicken rendang).



Cheah from No Frills Recipes gave us a mochi cake coloured with natural Kacang Telang flowers (butterfly pea flowers). This flower is also used to colour glutinous rice.



And for a savoury dish, she made belacan (shrimp paste) chicken.



Next up is lovely Zurin from Cherry on a Cake, and she made Ayam Percik (spicy basted chicken). I'm really excited that she shared her recipe and method as this is a dish I really miss.


And last but not least is  blogger who really doesn't need an introduction. My wonderful co-host Suresh from 3 Hungry Tummies who is determined to make me home-sick by making the following 3 dishes:

Curry Chee Cheong Fun (flat rice noodle rolls in a curry sauce). Believe or not, this is a dish I like to have for breakfast. Well, brunch really.



Some prawn fritters. (It must have been something in the air, many bloggers made prawn fritters around the same time!)



Char Kway Teow (Fried Rice Noodles) with cockles! I didn't even realise you could get cockle in Australia. (Suresh got the cockles from Victoria St in Richmond).

Thank you everyone for participating, we loved all the dishes! If I've missed anyone out, please email me (its(dot)sharon(at)gmail.com) ASAP so I can include you. Cheers!

If you'd like to send in contributions for the next round-up (MMM #6), please email a link to your blog post to Suresh from 3 Hungry Tummies. (sureshchong(at)yahoo.com). 

29 comments:

Cheah said...

Sharon, that's a wonderful round-up. A job well done!

♥LOVE2COOK♥ said...

Wonderful dishes from all! Great round-up Shaz! Glad to have participated...;)

Anh said...

what a great round up :) I hope to participate soon when i can clear more time!

Jeannie said...

Drooling over every dish! Great job everyone:D

cikmanggis said...

Terima kasih Shaz:)....semua menu untuk MMM #5 sedap sedap semuanya.Well done dear!

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) said...

Glad I have participated in this event, Thanks for posting !

Cherry On A Cake said...

oMG! so many wonderful wonderful recipes again. Sometimes I forget to submit because I dont keep track of what day n date it is...(I live under a rock.....in the kitchen)..Im so glad I remmebered this month !:)))

3 hungry tummies said...

Great round up Shaz! What is your MM dish tomorrow?

shaz said...

Thanks everyone!

shaz said...

PS - Tummy, you are so organised! I am not :) So no MM dish tomorrow, I'll just come and drool at yours.

lena said...

all of them look so delicious..i actually heard of this event from cheah from no frills recipes. this is really a good idea for sharing and promoting our local food to people all around the world.

Beth said...

Everything looks so beautiful, but the Ayam Percik looks spectacular! Thanks for sharing this wonderful collection of recipes!

Marcellina said...

Great round up of amazing dishes! Yes, the great Christmas Dance concert certainly take up a lot of time! Luckily I have not had much experience of it as at the time (my daughter was 5) she announced that "oh no, I won't be doing THAT!" She has since told us she was scared to fall off the stage (aka Funniest Home video show). BTW Love your crostata and 1234 cake!

Juliana said...

Shaz...great round-up...I just had a big lunch but got hungry again with the pictures :-)

My Little Space said...

Wow, congratulations everyone! All the food looks fantastic & really well presented. I think we all did a good job on this. hehe.... Have a great day, Sharon.
Blessings, Kristy

Vanille said...

Mmh...wondering if it's a good thing I come around here. With all this great food, I'm hungry now and dinner is only in a couple of hours...;)

msihua said...

Oh wow! This post has made me miss food from home.. so much so, that I went to Rasa Malaysia for dinner :( I'm in for next months!!! (or this months I should say)

Heavenly Housewife said...

What a great round up of delicousness. Very exotic :D
*kisses* HH

shaz said...

Thanks everyone, and welcome to some new friends!

Ms i-Hua, glad to have you join us.

lena said...

hi shaz, thanks for suggesting my entry to the MMM event..actually never thought of that. well, i'll be submitting that to 3 hungrytummies soon.

Hungry Dog said...

What a spread! Every dish looks delicious to me. Congrats on the successful ballet concert! :)

Velva said...

What a beautiful Malaysian food spread. Love it!!!

jen cheung said...

YUM YUM YUM YUM! look at all these dishes - making my mouth drip water!!! looks so gooood!! thanks for sharing!


have a lovely day!
jen @ www.passion4food.ca

mashi said...

The dishes look absolutely divine and drool-worthy lol Looks like you had a fantastic Muhibbah Malaysian Monday :D

ICook4Fun said...

Shaz, great round-up. Looking forward to participate for December.

Deeba PAB said...

What a fun spread...yum! Love this round up Shaz! So much deliciousness!

Forager @ The Gourmet Forager said...

What a mouth watering selection of dishes. Yummo - and that curry chee cheong fun looks intense but tempting!

shaz said...

Cheers everyone.

Marcellina - that story about your daughter, so sweet. But I'm sure it's a common fear (I often wonder how the proper ballerinas manage to stop themselves falling into the orchestra pit).

Fiona said...

I know next to nothing about malaysian food, so thanks heaps Shaz for putting all these delicious posts together in one place - it makes much more sense this way for a complete novice like me. Loving the look of the Ayam Percik......

Cheers! Fiona