Use your powers for good.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011


(In case you're wondering what on earth this is, it's a recent cake I made for a joint 40th)


The recent events in Japan left many of us reeling with emotion. I felt shock, horror, sadness, but most of all, a feeling of helplessness. When faced with the sheer scale of the disaster, what could I do that would even make one iota of difference?

Obviously, that’s a silly way to think, as many, many wonderful bloggers around the world have shown that a difference can indeed be made. They’ve banded together to help in many ways. Here are some of them.

1) The Online bake sale for Japan hosted by Sabrina at The Tomato Tart. (I missed the deadline to contribute but I can still bid and so can you. Bidding starts on the 30th of May (I’m assuming US time). Proceeds will go to Second Harvest Japan.



2) Bento4Japan - a collective of bento bloggers who are auctioning off bento related items to raise money. Check out the website for more information.



3) Food Bloggers Auction for Japan - a contributive effort raising funds for the Japanese Red Cross Society . Auction ends on April 10.



I’m sure these are many others out there, but these are just a few that I’ve come across. If auctions are not quite your cup of tea, there are many ways to give, including Just Giving and Save the Children, to name just two.