Sea you later

Friday, April 15, 2011

I leave you with sea glass candy, you can find the recipe at Not So Humble Pie. When you're there, do check out the post on sugar science too, very informative.

That's where I learnt that the glucose syrup I use is probably the same as the corn syrup I see on many blogs. All this while, I thought they were two different ingredients!


(Edit: The green and brown ones are real sea glass. For comparison)


I'll be out of town for the next few days, and look forward to visiting you all when we get back.

Have a great weekend!


14 comments:

Jen (Tastes of Home) said...

Such a pretty colour! really reminds me of the sea :D

Ellie (Almost Bourdain) said...

Beautiful jelly! Have a great holiday, Shaz :)

Marine Loves Papi... said...

The colours are just so clear and bright :)

Lisa said...

shaz, that doe look exactly like sea glass! I bet it would fool many! Very, very cool!

Barbara said...

What fun, Shaz! It looks like it would fit right in with my sea glass collection!
Have a great trip!

Beth said...

Those photos are just stunning! Enjoy your time out of town.

babe_kl said...

wow so pretty!

grace said...

i'm loving that last shot. happy trails! :)

Juliana said...

Oh! The sea glass candies are so pretty, for a moment I really thought they were sea glasses...enjoy your time off and see you soon Shaz :-)

Karen said...

Hope you're having a great vacation, Shaz! :-) Love your sea glass candy - it looks just like the real thing.

crumbsoflove said...

They look so real!

Cheah said...

I like the colour, so pretty.

shaz said...

Thanks everyone :) Glad to be back.

dessert girl said...

My mom used to make something similar to this at Christmas, in red and green. It's one of my favorite childhood memories. Thanks for the reminder!