Pop on over ...

Monday, May 30, 2011

.. next Monday for the Muhibbah Malaysian Monday round-up #11.

How’s Monday treating y’all?  Unfortunately, due to a combination of tiredness, busyness and lack of inspiration, I have nothing for you today. Well, when I say nothing, I mean nothing Malaysian.

Instead, please have some very addictive caramel corn. The recipe can be found over at Orangette, and I’d been meaning to make this for the longest time ever. The recipe isn’t too tricky, but you do need a candy/ sugar thermometer to complete it successfully. You’d also need a very large mixing bowl too, otherwise it’s hard to coat the popcorn evenly. (I’d split my popcorn between two bowl). Plus, small mixing bowls = popcorn flying out all over the kitchen floor.



The caramel corn is worth the effort though. Compared to other recipes that I’ve tried, this one stays crisp even after four or five days. And the flavour is far superior. I’ll definitely make it again, but next time, I’d add more peanuts. Just because.



Hope you have a great start to the week, and do keep those entries coming in for the Muhibbah Malaysian Monday round-up #11. If you send your entries in to its(dot)sharon(at)gmail(dot)com by Friday, I’ll be able to include your post. Thank you to all of you who have been supporting 3 Hungry Tummies and I in this venture, we truly appreciate your support :)


(edit: Thank you Jill from Mad about Macarons and Beth from Of Muses and Meringues for letting me know that there seems to be a problem with the comments form. I've just changed it to a pop-up form, and hope that helps. )


I made popcorn from scratch on the stove . To keep it crisp, pour it from the pan onto baking trays to cool. If it stays in the pan, it will absorb the moisture from the steam it released.

11 comments:

Gloria said...

This look absolutely delicious!! gloria

Hungry Dog said...

Looks delicious, shaz! And fun to make.

Kitchen Butterfly said...

I love caramel popcorn but sadly have given up fresh made on the stove, for microwave! This looks a treat - take it easy and reccover/refresh. Sometimes a break is in order! LOL

Beth said...

Your comment screen is working now! Hooray!

I'm so glad I can leave a comment about this post, because that popcorn looks amazing. If I made it, I doubt if I could leave it alone until it was done!

Juliana said...

Oh! I love homemade caramel popcorn...they are the best when fresh. Have a great week Shaz :-)

Cheah said...

Are they for sale? Can't help popping them into my mouth while watching TV!

Barbara said...

Caramel popcorn is yummy! It was the one thing my dad knew how to make. (and I doubt he had a thermometer, so can't imagine why it turned out so well) With no kids at home anymore, I rarely make it for myself. I love your photos today, Shaz! They made me smile.

Heavenly Housewife said...

Oh gosh, these look so good. I'm with you on the peanuts, I can never have enough peanuts :D
*kisses* HH

shaz said...

Thank you everyone :)

Aarthi said...

This looks yummy....you have a lovely blog...I am having a giveaway in my blog..Y dont you check and join that
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/2011/05/chocolate-recipe-and-chocolate.html

grace said...

you add peanuts, i add chocolate chips. we both win. :)