Muhibbah Malaysian Monday Round-Up 20: Belated March and one from February

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Tuesday everyone,  apologies for not getting the round-up posted yesterday but we were out exploring our new town and the heat wiped us out. Plans for a late night typing session were overtaken by the need for zzzz’s instead.

Thank you to all of our wonderful and extremely loyal supporters for your contributions. It has helped keep us afloat in these “uncertain times”.  (To those who’ve just joined us, Muhibbah Malaysian Monday is an event hosted by Suresh of 3 Hungry Tummies and myself. Unfortunately, we can’t get in touch with Suresh and we’re hoping he’s ok. I’ve just relocated from Sydney to Singapore and neglected the blog big-time during the move).

Well, let’s look at the yummy food shall we? :)

Here’s an entry from February, by Gertrude of My Kitchen Snippets.  It’s called
 Ayam Masak Merah (Chicken in Tomato Sauce), and sure looks delicious. This amazing lady relocated interstate during the month of Feb and still sent us a contribution!



But that’s not all. During the month of March, she cooked up three more dishes to share. Thanks so much Gert.

Check out these  Green Onion and Cilantro Flat Bread. Aren’t they beautiful?




I’ll tell you what else is beautiful. These gorgeous Pineapple rolls. So shiny! So roll-y! So many :)



For something a little  different, try Pandan briyani rice. Specially tinted green for St. Patrick’s Day!



Another loyal supporter is Lena, who blogs at Frozen Wings. She made Lemongrass Chicken Chapati Wraps. Fusion food, I like! The pineapple guacamole sounds very interesting.



Non-halal: A big thank you also to Cheah from No Frills Recipe. This fantastic lady is another staunch supporter and always sends me the nicest emails :) Cheah made  Little Chicken Biscuits. Don’t panic, they don’t contain any chicken, but they do contain pork jerky. These biscuits are a favourite delicacy for those who travel to and from Ipoh (a town in Malaysia), as the bakers who are famed for their biscuits can be found at the towns of Bidor and Kampar nearby. Check out Cheah’s post to find out more.



Thanks again Gert, Lena and Cheah for being so supportive!

Important note: If you sent any contributions to Suresh for the month of February, please re-send your entry to me and I can include it here or in the next round-up.

What happens next?  I’ll be hosting future Muhibbah Malaysian Round-Ups until I hear from Suresh. As I’m really busy at the moment, MMM will now be a bi-monthly affair. The next round-up will be posted on the  first Monday in  June,  so please send all your entries to me (its(dot)sharon(at)gmail(dot)com) by the last week in May and I’ll add them in.

Want to host a round-up? We mentioned this in our first MMM post, but I just thought I’d repeat it here. If you are interested in hosting a round-up at any time, just drop me an email. We’re pretty casual about it all.

Take care my friends, and I’ll dish up more news soon about how we’re settling in to our new city.

7 comments:

The Real Mother Hen said...

Oh nice! Glad to know that you've arrived soundly in Singapore. Enjoy yourself in the new home.

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

All of them are so talented cook. Boleh jual buku resepi.

Juliana said...

Shaz, I love the round-ups...everything looks so good...I just had lunch but after seeing the pictures I am hungry again :)
Have a wonderful week!

Kitchen Butterfly said...

Hi dear, I hope you're settling in ok? Are the kids enjoying it? and Hubby? Take it easy, stay well and all the best. The round up looks great too

Beth said...

What a tasty roundup! I'm hoping you'll share more of the adventures you have in your new home.

Cheah said...

Thanks for the round-up, Shaz. Hope you're settling well in the island state.

Anantara said...

Best of luck in Singapore! Ya, it can get very hot there :) Hope you're liking it though!