How to butcher a T-shirt

Tuesday, June 18, 2013


(Day 18  of the blogging blitz. If you’ve just joined us, I’m on a mission to get that ol’ blogging mojo back by attempting to post daily for 30 days.)

Hello!

Day 18 already. The end is somewhat in sight, yay!

A few days ago, Sam from Hungry Dog tagged me in a meme (which I will attempt soon, sorry it’s taking so long Sam). Part of the “rules” was to reveal more about yourself, and when I read the list posted on her blog, I realised I shared a similarity with her. We find it incredibly hard to get rid of something if it’s still usable.

Which goes some way to explaining why I have been hanging on to a couple of very sad tank tops. One had holes on the front, and the other had a little oil stain in a very obvious place (I’m a bit of a klutz). But I just couldn’t bear to throw them out because, well, they were comfy. I loved my comfy tops.



True confession time: I have actually worn the holey one out of the house (sad but true)

No matter how comfy they were though, it wasn’t much good if I couldn’t wear them.

Today I took a deep breath, and a pair of scissors, to them.


Chop, chop here and a chop, chop there

 Ok, I admit I sew like I cook. I kinda don’t follow the rules, and usually just wing it. Sooo...the stitching is a bit wobbly, but hey, at least I can wear this out of the house (I think).







By the way, I  didn’t realise just how many T-shirt DIYers and Upcyclers there were out there. Just google and you’ll see what I mean. The most jaw-droppingly awesome stuff I’ve seen so far though, has to be at Trash to couture. Go check it out!

1 comment:

Shannon @ JustAsDelish said...

whoa 30 days of daily blogging.. salute! i've not really been blogging much past few months, blogging mojo down the drain.. so this might to do trick
I love how you butcher your tshirt, nicely done, I would wear that out :) one of the time consuming interest is surfing those DIY sites.. they are so amazing! despite pinning many of them, i have only tried one.. lol