Short and sweet and cold

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

(Day 5  of the blogging blitz. If you’ve just joined us, I’m on a mission to get that ol’ blogging mojo back by attempting to post daily for 30 days).

So, are you tired of me yet?

Well, I’m tired.

We had lashings of rain today which for some inexplicable reason, causes the trains to fill up with people. A few too many trips jammed up against other commuters made me go get my cranky pants on. So...


Oh looky, chocolate wafers! Although I didn’t make these today, there are still some stashed away in the freezer. Perfect for getting rid of the grumps :)

I actually made these a month or two back because I was really craving an ice-cream sandwich. Not just any ice-cream sandwich, I really, really, really wanted a chocolate/ raspberry combo. When I went looking, I found the perfect wafer recipe over at Flamingobear. It’s actually an Alice Medrich recipe, from her book Pure Dessert (a book I now own, yay!). If it looks familiar, you may have also seen it at Smitten Kitchen. Deb (of Smitten Kitchen) sounded extremely taken by these wafers, and after baking them, I totally understood her enthusiasm.





Believe me, these are the ultimate chocolate wafers. They stay crisp when frozen! How awesome is that?

They were even more awesome once filled with a Raspberry swirl ice-cream from The Perfect Scoop. This is my go-to book for ice-cream now. Perhaps one day I’ll wander further afield, but for now, I am blissfully content.




On that note, I’m going to go content myself with a couple more wafers.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

I was so happy to see you a\gain, Shaz! I'm so glad to see you've been posting again! Readers don't work on my old computer, so I have to just wing it! That said..I love these ice cream sandwiches! Right in time for summer! A chocolate nad raspberry swirl combo is made in heaven! I've got to get myself a copy of The Perfect Scoop..I've been putting it off unconsciously for years since I don't make ice cream often, but now is the time :)

grace said...

you seem to have stumbled upon the perfect ice cream sandwich cookie! thanks for sharing this, shaz. :)

Hungry Dog said...

I'm always searching for the perfect ice cream sandwich cookie--looks like this is it. glad to see you back to blogging, my friend!

I just tagged you for something over at the Hungry Dog...